Recipes so simple, even I can do it.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Smoky Roasted Chicken

Here's a quick and easy dry rub to add some zing to your roasted chicken.


Ingredients

  • Chicken wings or drumsticks (bone in, skin on)
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 Tablespoon paprika
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
  • 1/2 Tablespoon pepper


Instructions



  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Toss chicken in melted coconut oil
  3. Mix spices in a ziploc bag. Add chicken to bag and shake until coated.
  4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes


My rating: 
This is an excellent rub. I usually like my roasted chicken with lemon and garlic, but this was a very good alternative.  I served this chicken with a Baked Sweet Potato with Feta and Honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment