Recipes so simple, even I can do it.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Baked Parmesan Zucchini


Absolutely unbelievable. A tasty and healthy alternative to traditional fries. I slightly adapted the recipe that I found here.



Ingredients

  • 3 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup egg beaters (I use this low cholesterol alternative, but an egg will do)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  3. Pour egg beaters into a separate bowl
  4. One at a time, take your zucchini and dip into egg, then gently roll in parmesan mixture. 
  5. Place zucchini on parchment covered baking sheet. 
  6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes. 
  7. Serve immediately, with side of sweet onion mustard sauce.


My Rating: 
Awesome appetizer or side dish. Really easy and super delicious. I served this with some Hot Italian Sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment