Recipes so simple, even I can do it.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Zucchini Crust Pizza

Zucchini Crust Pizza

I compiled this recipe from a couple other ideas of similar alternative pizza crusts, like cauliflower or eggplant. 


Crust Ingredients:

  • 1 large egg
  • 3 small-medium zucchini's 
  • 3/4 cup grated parmesan 
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella 
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt

Toppings Ingredients: generally for pizzas, just use whatever you'd like. Here are some suggestions...

  • Tomato sauce OR pesto sauce (I used tomato sauce)
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Feta cheese
  • Spinach
  • Assorted vegetable. Pre-saute any onion, garlic, peppers or mushrooms. 
  • Fresh tomatoes
  • Sausage, pre cooked. Or grilled chicken
  • Olive Oil, black pepper
Instructions
  1. Grate the zucchinis into a bowl.
  2. Mix zucchini with egg, cheeses and salt. 
  3. Spread mixture onto a parchment cover baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until crust is slightly browned.
  4. While your crust is baking, pre-saute any ingredients that need to be cooked. 
  5. Assemble your pizza on zucchini crust. Sauce, veggies, cheese, etc. 
  6. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes
My review: 
This recipe is definitely a tasty one that I will be making again. It wasn't as filling as I would have hoped and will have to either make double next time or have a good portion of another side. I would also try to add some flour to the crust, just to give it a bit more texture. I may also try to add some more season to the crust, like some oregano and basil. However, even with all the things I would change, the pizza that I made was very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment