Recipes so simple, even I can do it.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mushroom Zucchini Pasta

Mushroom Zucchini Pasta

This recipe was found from the lovely lady at damndelicious. It appealed to me for three reasons. One, I love mushrooms and zucchini. Two, I love pasta. Three, it was a super easy recipe. 

One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta - A creamy, hearty pasta dish that you can make in just 20 min. Even the pasta gets cooked in the pot!
Photo credit: Damn Delicious


Ingredients
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
  • 2/3 cup peas
  • 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 2 sprigs thyme
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
    Instructions
    1. In a large pot over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
    2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
    3. Serve immediately.

    My review: 
    Now I will stress that I did not follow this recipe exactly and this is absolutely the cause of my bad review. I may very well try this again because it had a lot a potential. My two problems are easily fixable. The first is seasoning. I didn't season it enough. Blame it on being distracted by two kids, blame it on the wine that kept me company, blame it on cleaning my house at the same time, but I didn't put nearly enough salt or other seasonings in it. We had to add a lot to our individual plates. The other critique is the I didn't follow the last bit of instructions... Serve IMMEDIATELY. Don't let it sit warming on your stove because your dinner guests are 20 minutes late. Seriously. Serve it immediately. The pasta was WAAY overcooked and just tasted awful. So yes, I might try this again. And this time, I'd follow the directions to the tee.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment